What do industrial rope access specialists do?
You’ll be setting up industrial rope access systems to work safely at height or in places with difficult access. There is a huge range of sectors that need people working in these areas, including building and construction, high-rise window cleaning, oil and gas, and more.
On any given day you could be:
Inspecting and maintaining height safety equipment
- Setting up, altering, and dismantling industrial rope access systems
- Using a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height
- Using, installing, and taking down temporary height safety systems when working at height
- Planning and preparing for basic industrial rope access work
- Communicating information in a specified workplace
- Listening actively to gain information in an interactive situation
- Giving oral instructions in the workplace
- Identifying and applying industrial rope access legislation